Patients typically want to avoid having a tooth removed whenever possible. Dentists too, will try to save the natural tooth till the very end unless extraction is inevitable.
Why do wisdom teeth need to be removed?
It's not necessary to remove wisdom teeth if they are correctly positioned in your mouth and do not cause any pain or dental problems. Our oral surgeons will advise you about wisdom tooth removal in New Delhi
under the following conditions:
If they are impacted (inside the bone) and there is not enough room for them to erupt into the mouth.
Causing decay of the tooth in front due to its incorrect position in the jaw.
Causing pain & discomfort and maintaining oral hygiene is difficult.
Proper care is needed following tooth extraction. Following instructions help faster healing and avoids discomfort.
- Slight amount of bleeding is normal. Bite firmly on the gauze for one hour.
- Some swelling is also normal; place an ice pack from outside (cheek) for the first few hours.
- If you feel like spitting, it is better to swallow.
- Eat soft diet like mashed potatoes, pudding, yogurt etc. for the first 24 hours.
- Take cold foodstuff like ice-cream, juices, shakes etc. Avoid using a straw.
- The next day start with warm saline gargles and soft food.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Follow the prescription given.